Summer, Summer, Summer

My life in the past three months are packed with chaos, excitement, worries… good things and bad things came together and I had to make more efforts to settle and calm down than usual. I mean, it’s not my very first time moving to a new place and start a new life (actually I moved quite frequently these years), but it is the time that I came to a place with so many pressure behind me with an unknown future. I am at that awkward age that can no longer call myself a kid who has plenty of time to waste, but in a new place, there is very little I can do. 2017 is kind of an exhausting year, I realised that I become lazier to pick up the things I love such as blogging, photography and lots of other new things. Sometimes I am afraid of being a boring person but there are already so many things are taking up my time and exhausting me from the inside. I think that is the  post-graduation syndrome they called.

I am that kind of people whose emotion can easily be affected by weather, so I kept wondering if moving to Melbourne (the weather here is just like London you know) is a correct decision for me. But thinking of the silver lining: it’s still summer here, so I literally have spent my 2017 with sunshine, beaches and tropical greenery 🙂 Happy 2018 to you all and let’s have a great year ahead.

Processed with VSCOcam with a4 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with 4 preset Processed with VSCOcam with a4 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with a4 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with a4 preset

Processed with VSCO with l5 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with a4 preset

mikaelahuang

16 Comments

1. January 12, 2018 / 6:31 pm

Best of luck for 2018 Mikaela! We’re currently deciding over whether to move to Melbourne for a while. Did you live in London? How’d you find the transition? We’d be doing something very similar

• January 13, 2018 / 9:01 am

Hi Zac! Actually I just visited London years ago and was impressed by the weather! haha People say Melb and London have lots of similarities: people here also like art, music, coffee and old things. But still there are differences: in Melb you are embracing an Aussie lifestyle so I reckon that living here would be chiller/slower than in London 😉

• January 13, 2018 / 11:38 am

Ha that actually sounds like a good thing though! Could always use living a little slower

2. January 12, 2018 / 6:38 pm

Hi Mikaela,
    Thank you for your article. It is really interesting. I lived the same things as you when I travelled in different countries. 🙂
    I wish you all the best for this new year and I will follow you (subscribe). 😉
    Jessicq

• January 13, 2018 / 9:05 am

Bonjour Jessica! Votre page est une bonne combinaison de gastronomie et d’art! Good source for French reading and please keep up the good work!

• January 13, 2018 / 3:55 pm

Bonjour Mikaela !
        Merci beaucoup pour ton retour ! 😊
        Très bon week-end à toi !
        Jessica

3. January 12, 2018 / 7:17 pm

Life will be great for you! No matter where the place is 🙂 and heyyy gurl, your summer pics are awesome!

• January 13, 2018 / 9:06 am

Thank you so much dear <3 Hope you have an awesome 2018 as well!!

4. January 13, 2018 / 4:29 am

Looks like a great place to be and I loved the dresses and the photography!

• January 16, 2018 / 5:43 am